
Well, here are some excepts from our second letter from Elder Harris.
"I can't believe it has nearly been a week since I've been here. Today is preparation day finally, and it's nice to have a chance to catch my breath. It has been non-stop go go go since last Thursday, but it has been wonderful. I'm really excited because all I have to do today (besides laundry [this is encouraging], study, temple, choir, food, more study) is write this letter! Well, here's the blow by blow. After we parted ways, we went to our room and unpacked and I waited for my companion to show up. During that time I met the other companionship in our room: E. Pike and E. Poppleton. After a while E. Turner showed, and we all got acquainted. E. Pop asked how old everyone was, and I was thinking "already?" I said, "Well, you can just call me Eldest Harris." They asked, "how old are you?" When I told them that I was 25, E. Pop said, "no kidding! When's your birthday?" I said that it was yesterday and he said, "well, then that makes me Eldest Poppleton." I was shocked to learn he was 25, and his comp. is 21 (E. Pike). Elder Turner is 19 (just a child). Everyone in my room is wonderful and we are all getting very close. Later that evening we met in our class room for the first time, with the other 2 companionships and to meet our branch presidency. Elder Little, who is by far the tallest elder in our district (the Zone even) is paired with Elder Anderson who is one of the shortest. Elder Harper (23) is with Elder Bischoff. A counselor in the Br. Presidency, Bro. Bergoff, is from South Africa and has a great accent. Pres. Boyer called me in and asked me a few questions, I told him why I was here and things. Afterwards we all bore testimony and after a while Pres. Boyer said, "Elder Harris, I'd like to meet with you again." I wasn't very surprised. Something told me that I was going to be the District Leader as soon as Pres. Boyer said that one of us would be. This was before the interviews. Tune in tomorrow for more of Kyle's long letter. Seems he was economizing on the use of capital letters so I'm adding those here and there.
1 comment:
Great letter. It is so cool that we can all read it. I think Joe is planning to email him tonight so Kyle can read it tomorrow. Hope you had a great mothers day. I'm thinking all us moms must of spent it alone since we all live far away from extended family, or did you see Jim's mom? Can't wait for another letter, sounds like Kyle is adjusting good.
Post a Comment