Talk about biting the hand, or in this case, arm, that feeds you! This happened the other day when I was feeding 3 horses and the filly. I'm not sure exactly how this happened and definitely not sure WHY. The big horses didn't want me to feed the little guy but I was trying to do it anyway. Maybe this one horse was mad at me for doing that or mad that I was out of carrots and apples. I just don't know but it sure took me by surprise. It doesn't hurt as much as it looks. Mostly felt like a good pinch. Maybe he thought he was giving me a love nuzzle and didn't know his strength. I know which one did it by his large white blaze down the front and see if he gets anything in future!! Anyone who knows horse psychology and has some answers let me know. Not too eager to repeat the episode.
Monday, November 17, 2008
What does a horse bite look like?
Talk about biting the hand, or in this case, arm, that feeds you! This happened the other day when I was feeding 3 horses and the filly. I'm not sure exactly how this happened and definitely not sure WHY. The big horses didn't want me to feed the little guy but I was trying to do it anyway. Maybe this one horse was mad at me for doing that or mad that I was out of carrots and apples. I just don't know but it sure took me by surprise. It doesn't hurt as much as it looks. Mostly felt like a good pinch. Maybe he thought he was giving me a love nuzzle and didn't know his strength. I know which one did it by his large white blaze down the front and see if he gets anything in future!! Anyone who knows horse psychology and has some answers let me know. Not too eager to repeat the episode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ouch! That looks pretty bad. Those horses seem to be as naughty as some of the other animals around your house.
Grandma, I know a lot about horses. Well, the horse probably bit you because he just wants to get your attention he justs wants to tell you something. Horses talk by comunicating. waging its tail means he justs trying to tell you hi. He probably was trying too meet you by using his mouth. From kaylee I miss you grandma.
Thanks Kaylee for your thoughts on what that horse was doing. I guess he wasn't trying to be really mean to me. But I might keep my distance from him next time I'm feeding them all. I hope you will be able to see the horses here one day. What do you want for Christmas?
Holy Cow! or should I say horse. That does look painful. I'd be extra careful around that horse from now on.
~Amber
Sheesh! I can't believe that horse did that. Definately uncalled for! I'm glad to hear it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks, because it looks like it would hurt a lot.
Excellent photos. I love the variety on your blog. I think you should sic the dogs on that horse. That will teach him.
Wow Nancy that does look aweful and I think Emily has a great idea!!
Hope you heal well and keeping your distance from that particular horse is as they say, good horse sense...tee hee hee!!!
Debbie
Sic the dogs on the horse? No, no...you need a professional. Someone who has dealt with horses that have a "tude." You need to send in someone who's not afraid to "bite" back. You need to send in...DAD! With dad's right and left fists appropriatly named "rethink this situation" and reevaluate this decision" (respectively), that horse will be saying please, thank you, yes and no maam, in no time.
Has anyone noticed that on all blog comments people's names are now being appropriately capitalized? Or is it just me?
I never noticed. It's all in the details!
Post a Comment