Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Sad Day for our Country

Well, the media has selected Obama as our next president in spite of the fact that he refuses to produce his birth certificate. This election was all about race because no one with as radical far left ideas as Obams's would have been elected if he had been white. I'm not racist. That's just what got him elected. It's a sad day to see our nation move away from the kind of government that Jesus Christ helped institute for our country in 1776 and heading DOWN the path of socialism. But how else can the prophecy be fulfilled where the Latter-day Saints come in and rescue the Constitution "which will hang by a thread in the last days" unless there is a president and congress who will desecrate it? Too many people, young ones especially, don't know their history or what socialism even is. A lot of people think socialism is being nice to each other. That's charity and community. Socialism according to the dictionary is a system of government that is moving away from capitalism and toward communism. Why people think this is a good idea is beyond me except that they don't really have a clue about what is going on.

9 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Well said. Yes, sad that people are so blinded.

Ty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty said...

I have been amazed at how many people have admitted they planned to vote for Obama just because he's black. How would that come across is someone said they were voting for a candidate just b/c he is white? We can only hope that he does "govern from the center" like he and his supporters claim he will now that he has won. His track record sure doesn't indicate this will be the case though. He's in a difficult spot with this one--if he takes a moderate approach, he'll anger his hard core supporters who basically got him here, on the other hand, if he governs as the hard core liberal that he was in the senate, I think he'll alienate the center of the population. It will be fun to watch, if we can stand it. Good post.

Mom Louisa said...

Well said, I have many friends that are black in my networking business and they voted for McCain. Well, we all need to get ready to pay alot of TAXES Fun Huh? One good thing though Prop. 8 passed in CA.

Paige said...

Perosonally I fear that we will become subject to many more terrorist attacks due to Obama's foreign policies (or lack thereof). I'm really interested to see how he ends up handling the economic situation since that is the most pressing. As Tyler said, he's in a tough spot and it will be interesting to watch him attemp to manuever through.

Paige said...

sorry left the "t" off attempt

emily said...

Listen to the prophets, prepare for the last days. Unfortch, bad things have to happen...

Debbie said...

Well said Nancy! My aunt asked if I knew the difference between communism and socialism? One is rape, the other seduction. Read what Pres. Benson said of his meeting with Kruchev (I don't think I spelled that correctly). It's sad to say, but Kruchev was correct cause here we are.

Hope you are doing well in TN. I love to catch your blog!
Love ya!
Debbie Snideman

Valerie L. Domann said...

To all my friends and family:

Thank you for stating your beliefs. I have been very saddened ever since November 4th. David and I went to an Elementary School Spaghetti Feed that night and so at least I was with good people. I am very saddened to hear about the recent developments with our country. I have started to read books about the last days so I can prepare for them. My dad, Bruce knows a lot and I think he wants to help us all out. Family Only. I think my dad should be the President of the United States! But we have what we have and I just look forward to listening to my elders on what to do in this sort of situation. I had friends over for dinner last night and we were discussing politics. We are all very sad about the way things turned out on Tuesday. I was crying on Thursday because my ex-husband put my children on welfare and didn't even tell me. I was publicly humiliated and very upset. I see a lot of people out here who are very angry with Mormons/LDS. Even though we did save the land out here with Yes on Prop. 8! That was a miracle in passing! Many people think we are being unfair. I think we are protecting what Heavenly Father wants for His Children!