Dear Mom and Dad,
Me and Elder Barrow just got back from our day of attempted missionary work, and we just finished planning, and now we are chatting with our caretakers, Bro. and Sis. Wilson. They are terribly nice and like to hear all about our adventures. Missionary work is certainly an adventure, but sometime you have a day like today when most of your appointments fall through, no one is home, and the one you do catch says "we're moving so have a nice life." Not that I'm down or anything, I'm actually having a great time. I'm getting the hang of teaching the lessons, and my door approaches, and planning and what not. The basics of missionary work is very simple, and it doesn't take long to figure out "your job." However, the difference between doing "your job" and being a stellar missionary (or a Preach My Gospel missionary)is huge. Frame of mind, Spiritual preparedness, and all that. the details make a huge difference. I'm still working though. Health is good, I'm working out every day, and eating right. I get a home cooked meal every night which so far has been great. I even ate broccoli the other day. Miracles have not ceased in this day and age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok, first, I don't know if I've noticed your family picture before, but it is wonderful. I hope it's in a big frame somewhere at home. Second, I love your SPUD letters. Keep them coming, I love to read missionary work.
Hmmmmm, sounds like maybe things are a little tough at the moment, but I'm glad he says he's still having a good time. I'm sure the broccoli will help him.
It's neat to read the letters and see him grow. It's amazing to me how much a mission changes boys.
He will probably get the same storm that we are getting tomorrow and thurs. We are supposed to hit record lows for here. It's crazy that it is June and we are still dealing with cold weather on and off. My mom said it is supposed to snow there. She is about 40 min from Pocatello.
Keep the letters coming. I love to read them.
Post a Comment