It's kinda weird being the new kid on the block, and not really knowing the investigators terribly well. We are supposed to contact them everyday but it's hard to catch them home. Anyways, mission life is fun but it sure takes tenacity. I'm constantly striving to build my faith more and more & my testimony is getting stronger and stronger.
Oh, yeah, the weather is so weird here. It's a little bit cool, as in the 60's and 70's which is nice, but the weather for the last few days has bounced between steady rain and completely overcast skies, to regular old sunshine every half hour, no exaggeration. Odd. At least it keeps you on your toes.
Now to finish off, I'll leave you with a bit of the language: "how come" as in "...and that's how come we don't got no more jackrabbits."
Cars don't have "glove boxes" they have "jackybox".
"trucks" refer to 18 wheelers, as in "I drive truck**." (no article) whereas pickups are referred to as "outfits."
Well, seeing how I've written a "couple three" pages (or a couple four) I'm going to go to bed. I love you all and I miss you. Hope all is well for you all.
Love,
Elder Harris
**in the same style, I could say, "I preach Gospel."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like letter. Tyler laughed at letter. Kyle's letter fun.
Hello.
This is Reid.
I enjoy reading Kyle's SPUDS.
Please continue to post them.
That is all.
-Reid
Post a Comment