Monday, March 30, 2009

Bowl of Ice






Here are some pictures of a family dinner at Bruce's house. It was fun to have Joe, Scott and Paige, Aunt's Ruth and Helen, my folks, Bonnie Terry, Bruce's family and us together. We just wish all the family members could have been there. The boys had fun ATV-ing. We watched Mama Mia on Bruce's big screen. Jim's' comment after it was over: "It's good to know that my initial instinct to avoid that movie was correct."
(Aunt Ruth shirked her duty when it came to the bowl of ice.)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

looks like fun! I love the patio chairs around the dining table! Wish i could've been there!

Nancy said...

I totally forgot that I should have explained that Bruce had moved almost all his household belongings to his Utah house. We improvised.

emily said...

No bowl of ice?! That is a crime. Must be the old age or something. It does look fun, and I love dad's comment on the movie.

Valerie L. Domann said...

I remember the Bowl of Ice story. Please tell it again for those of us who have forgotten! Yes, Mamma Mia was a hoot, so silly.

Mom Louisa said...

Yes, we all have fond memories of past dinners together and there will be more BUT WHERE?

Joe said...

It was fun. Apparently I forgot to close my eyes in one of the pictures.

Nancy said...

Valerie, we have always teased Aunt Ruth because she has always put a bowl of ice on her table when she's feed us in the past. We all thought that was kind of unusual. I think we teased too much and now she won't do it any more. Those sisters love their ice in their sodas! And we love them!!!
Yea, Louisa, I don't know where we will be having THOSE exact dinners in the future. Sad. I know where there will be a big one next summer!