Thursday, March 5, 2009

DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!




Our ward had a social where people could sign up to represent a country or state that they have either lived in, knew something about, or were just interested in. Of course, several returned missionaries displayed their fields of labor. I decided to do Texas since it is THE most fascinating state in the union. After I signed up I realized I didn't have a single Texas artifact in my home. Hmm, this was bad on a number of fronts. Well, I was going to cancel but remembered our neighbors are from Texas and I'd seen plenty of paraphernalia at their house. So, the boots, hat, flag and basket (with spoons) are theirs. Much of the other stuff is thanks to good ol' Hobby Lobby. We also were supposed to bring typical food. I made chili, with chips and cheese. Next year, maybe brisket. Anyway, I secretly thought our table was the best. Dad and I were pretty decked out if I do say so myself. Isn't Dad cute touting the glories of the Lone Star State. It was a really fun night and I recommend it as a great activity.

6 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

"Y'all" are so cute! I love it, did you tell them you really were representing a country! I can imagine you had the best table!

I also loved your phone story. Some people! I too have been working hard at not making the world revolve around me, I forget sometimes though. : )

emily said...

I love it! You guys definitely represented.

Wish I could have been there--or in Texas!

Paige said...

Very nice. Your table does look to be the best. It always makes things more fun when people go all out.

Scott said...

Lookin Good, guys. Lookin Good.

Mom Louisa said...

I have really enjoyed living in TX for 5 years, but as ya all know my heart is in UT!! Great dispay Love Jim the Cowboy!!And the food I bet was great, Maybe we can get Rudys while you are here next week...

Amber said...

Great activity idea. I'm sure you were the perfect people to represent TX. Your booth DOES look great.