Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Turn for the Big Snow








The same snow storm that hit Scott and Paige in Texas on Wed. struck us with a vengeance Thursday afternoon around 4:30. I called Jim at work to let him know it was coming down hard, starting to build up, and he better start for home right away. Since our neighborhood is very hilly I was extra nervous because he'd left his cell phone at home (this is not uncommon) and he was driving a pickup!! I thought I was going to have to go find him since he hadn't arrived home 30 minutes after leaving the office. (It usually takes him less than 15.) I was just one block away from our house when I saw him coming over the hill. I was relieved because it was really treacherous. We were unable to get either the van or the pickup back up our driveway. Turns out leaving them on the street was a good idea since the driveway was very icy next morning. There were accidents and cars blocking roads all over the place. One pregnant lady from Jim's work had to walk 2 miles to get home that night.
Three days later we still have a lot of snow on the ground and our roofs. It's very beautiful-like a Currier and Ives Christmas card- and the dogs didn't mind it a bit.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have to say it looks so beautiful there with all the snowed on trees. Glad he made it safely home. We had a few inches of snow here today and yesterday. How much snow does Tennessee usually get during a winter. Not much? I guess I need to check out the averages for where you are.

emily said...

That is beautiful! Now you just need some Christmas lights up! Glad you were safe too. That poor pregnant lady! I hope she kept some boots handy!

I saw that Kyle is 9*. Hope he's surviving! The spirit keeps you warm I guess. That burning feeling and all.

Paige said...

Well, the snow storm definately did more for you than us. We didn't have a spec of snow left the next morning. It sure looks beautiful out your back window. Do you think there will still be snow when we come up?

Valerie L. Domann said...

It does look very beautiful! I feel really bad for the pregnant woman. Someone should have been a good samaritan and picked her up! Someone safe.