Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Hermitage







This is Andrew Jackson's home, The Hermitage, in northeast Nashville. He was the 7th US president. I don't have a good picture of the front of the home. This version of the house was completed in 1836. It was fun to play in the cotton field. The garden looks bad in winter but I can imagine how beautiful it would be in the summer in full bloom. Paige will post some more pics when they get home.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Happy New Years! I forgot Scott and Paige were coming to your house. Have lots of fun and be sure to stay up until midnight for us since we probably won't.
Cool pics.

Joe said...

I think I was there once, but it doesn't look familiar.

emily said...

It does look familiar to me! I was alwasy one for history, even at a young age. I even remember what souvineer I got there. I'd love to go back and see those gardens in full bloom.

Nancy said...

Yes, you have both been there but you were small. We will definitely go back when you come next.

Paige said...

Great pics. It was fun visiting you all. I will post my pics soon. Oh who am I kidding it may take a while. Thanks again for the trip!