Once in a while I'm going to put a little health blurb on my blog. This article about preventing kidney stones is from Dr. Mercola's website, http://www.mercola.com/, the most visited natural health site on the web. If I'd known this I wouldn't have brought so much soda to the beach house!
"Are You Still Drinking Soda?
With respect to your fluids, you also want to stay away from soda as it is loaded with phosphorous.
Sadly, the number one source of calories in the U.S. is from soda, and is in many cases the main source of fluids. The average American drinks a staggering 56 gallons of soda a year, which is a surefire way to ensure health problems, including an increased risk of kidney stones.
In fact, children as young as five years old are now starting to struggle with kidney stones, and soda consumption is a major contributor to this disturbing trend.
Also, diet soda is probably worse for your health than regular soda, so please don’t think switching to a “lighter” variety will make a positive difference.
Quitting soda is one of the fastest and easiest ways to improve your health, and can reduce your risk of developing kidney stones."
4 comments:
Having said this what am I going to do with all the soda left from our beach???
Drink it!
I just posted a ton of pics of our trip. But I'll email you your facebook profile suggestions...
I should have also said that the article stated the #1 enemy of kidney stones is pure water. Lots of it. Makes sense.
Oh! I will try to give up soda!
Post a Comment