Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Main Reason Why Latter-day Saints Should Not be Supporting Obama and the Democratic Agenda

"No true Latter-day Saint can be a Communist or a Socialist because Communist principles run counter to the revealed word of God and to the Constitution of this land which was established by men whom the God of Heaven raised up unto that very purpose" [D&C 101:80]
--Ezra Taft Benson, BYU address: A Four-Fold Hope

Ezra Taft Benson was called as an apostle in 1943. He was the 13th President of the Church from 1985 to 1994. He served as Secretary of Agriculture under Pres. Eisenhower from 1952-1960.

Obama is a socialist and has surrounded his White House with known socialists and even known Communists. I've heard Van Jones, Obama's "Green Jobs Tsar" say with his own mouth that he is a Communist. Anita Dunn, Obama's Communications Director told high school students at their graduation ceremony that her 2 favorite political philosophers were Mao Tse-Tung and Mother Teresa. Chairman Mao, of China, killed many more than Hitler. Obama's former spiritual advisor and his main mentor, Reverend Wright, is a socialist and his new spiritual advisor, Jim Wallis, is an admitted Marxist. You can here their own words on youtube.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, I forgot. Both of Obama's parents were communists along with another one his mentors, Frank Marshal Davis from his early days in Hawaii. This info is all well documented on the internet. Look it up for yourselves. Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing bent on destroying vision of the Founding Father's.

Ty said...

Another interesting point is found in D&C 98:5 which states that the law of the land is "constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom and privileges, belongs to all mankind...". One could interpret this to mean that the constitution applies to everyone on earth--not just us. Who knows, but the scripture does say "all mankind"... Couple this with Pres. Benson's comments and there are some logical conclusions to make. I think many simply do not believe the "nut-jobs" on the right about the folks you mentioned and their extreme left views--nevermind that those folks are all self-proclaimed socialists, marxists, or communists. I think many individuals just don't understand what socialism is and why it's not such a good idea... President Benson has some excellent speeches and pamphlets. The Q12 doesn't seem so political now-a-days.

Ty said...

Check out this quote from Pres. Benson: "Today you cannot effectively fight for freedom and not be attacked, and those who think they can are deceiving themselves. While I do not believe in stepping out of the path of duty to pick up a cross I do not need, a man is a coward who refuses to pick up a cross that clearly lies within his path.

A man must not only stand for the right principles, but he must also fight for them. Those who fight for principle can be proud of the friends they've gained and the enemies they've earned." I say keep on fighting!
http://www.quoty.org/quote/4722

Nancy said...

Love the quotes. I can't separate the fight to save our country from liberal Progressives who are destroying our freedoms and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because without the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution we can not reach the measure of our creation which is Christ's goal for each one of us individually. In my reading of the Book of Mormon I'm in the part about Moroni's Title of Liberty. I feel convicted that if it was important enough for the Nephites then it is important enough for us in these last days.