"My journey [from being a liberal] that led me to being a conservative libertarian took place as liberalism came to be associated with out-of-control spending, higher taxes, less personal liberty and a hostility towards our military men and women and their missions and the notion of secure borders.
Today liberalism stands against the basic tenets of what made America great, and thus I am now a conservative, just as millions of other Americans followed this same journey from liberal idealist to conservative realist."
--Mark Williams, Chairman, Tea Party Express
My Comments: I don't get it. When you consider the above and throw in abortion and gay-marriage into the liberal ideological mix I just don't see how active LDS people can support the Democrat party. And now Obama and the Democrats are clearly anti-Israel. I just don't get it. Maybe someone can enlighten me. I guess if they only listen to mainstream media (liberal, or progressive, or socialist) news, then perhaps it just all sounds jolly to them.
7 comments:
I don't get it either.
For some, I think it's a genuine desire to repair apparent injustices and inequalities. I believe those pure and genuine people are few in numbers. As for the elites, I think it's about control. Those are the most disgustingly offensive to me. For many, I think it's purely a sense of entitlement. Those all make sense in the "world", but for those of us taught that the idler shall not eat the bread of the laborer and the true meaning of agency, it's hard to understand. I guess we just don't understand agency.
Yesterday I was talking with two of my coworkers. One of them (Christian conservative) was telling us about a family in his church that was really struggling financially, so he was headed to walmart to buy them a gift card just to help out a little. In observation of his kindness, my other friend (moderate/democrat who loves Obama) teasingly told him "you have a little Obama in you after all!". Ha! What irony! I couldn't, and didn't let that one go...
Church members though? They're good people...that I don't understand...
Excellent comment. You're a good writer. I didn't think anyone read my blog. I like that I can vent some of my thoughts and frustrations anyway. But then it's nice to find someone who thinks like I do. I'm a terrible writer and don't make much sense speaking either. But that doesn't keep me from recognizing the truth when I hear it. I guess hearing is the only thing I'm good at. Now let's see if I can be a doer, too.
Oh, and here's the clincher for me. I'm 100% certain that Pres. Monson, after asking the saints in Calif. to put their lives on the line defending marriage against the advances of the homosexual community, did not vote for the candidate, in the past presidential election, that would expand the influence of the gay/lesbian culture. So if you voted for Obama you would be saying that you believe the Hollywood/entertainment crowd had the better inspiration for the best candidate than the Pres. of the Church. And since Obama and most of the mainstream media are of the Progressive Party, who do not believe the Constitution is relevant to today, and do not believe the Founding Fathers were inspired of God, then a vote for the Democrats is a vote against the Constitution and the men God raised up to establish America. I've said somewhere before that you cannot support both the Constitution AND the Democrats (who have been taken over by the Progressives) since their philosophies are diametrically opposed. Where am I wrong??
Thanks Meredith for your comment but I'd love to know WHY you support Obama and the Democrats specifically. Can you share more? Perhaps comment on how you justify the abortion/homosexuality issues? That's a big one I'm confused on. Are you OK with being against the Constitution and the Founding Fathers when God inspired them? I'll bet if you really knew the true history of this country and the in-depth writings of the Founding Fathers you would see how horribly off base we are from what God intended for this country. If you only listen to or read liberal news sources you will never know what is really going on. On the other hand all this bad stuff will probably just bring on the Second Coming that much sooner but do you really want to have voted for that side of things? To find the truth you really have to be open to examining all sides of the issues. Keep learning. To support something without really understanding the consequences can bring a lot of misery to a lot of people. For example, the way to more jobs has been proven over and over again. Reagan, and Democrat John F. Kennedy did it by cutting taxes and reducing spending. It's important to understand why Obama is not doing that.
The IDEA of ObamaCare is more appealing than the REALITY will be. Long waits, doctor shortages, bureaucratic mess-ups, typical government inefficiencies, corruption, and wastefulness will be the norm. The Fed. Gov. has never run anything effectively and efficiently and there is no evidence this massive program will be any different. Also, just today I heard that already doctors are turning away more Medicare patients because the Fed. Gov. lowered the already small amount they reimburse them for treating Medicare patients by another 17%. The next thing the Fed. Gov. will do is pass a law forcing doctors to accept Medicare patients. The doctor shortage will come as a result of fewer people wanting to go to all the effort and expense of medical school when they can't make any money at being a doctor. Yes, a small few will do it for altruistic purposes but the vast majority will not think so much schooling worth the government red tape. Many doctors think there's too much of that now and the nightmare that will be ObamaCare hasn't even started.
Post a Comment