Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Elder Harris's Phone Call!

On Mother's Day we got to talk with Kyle for about an hour. It was great to hear from him. He sounded terrific. Very happy and stoked from his meeting with Elder Bednar a week ago.
Some highlights:
He said he had a big pile of pictures to send soon. Can't wait for those.
He has gained about 15 pounds. Yikes. Quote: "I don't think I ate much before my mission."
He was also stoked to learn that the father of a girl he took to Prom as a senior (Rosemary Richards, daughter of the San Antonio Mission President at the time) is now a member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy. (Rosemary is married lest anyone wonders.)
He prefers being in Pocatello to Idaho Falls. More missionary opportunities.
He appreciated all the emails he got from people for his birthday.
Well, that's a start. Perhaps I'll post some more in a day or two.

2 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I didn't realize he was in IF. Did you know that's where Mike is from? His parents are still there. :) Small world. Glad you got a great visit with Kyle for Mother's Day!

emily said...

I'm really glad kyle is so stoked about everything. I can just picture it. Except I can't really picture him 15 lbs heavier. It's good to know he CAN gain weight...