On the Monday after conference I drove with my dad down to Beaver, Utah where my mom grew up. She and her 2 sisters rode with Bruce in his car. It took about 2.5 hours from Provo which is where we met up with everyone. Emily and I had taken a rented car early that morning down to BYU for a look see. Anyway, the first thing we came to in Beaver was the home where all the sisters grew up. It was sadly run down with no occupants and a "for rent" sign in the window. The sisters talked about all the raspberry bushes that used to be in their backyard and how their grandmother, Leticia, lived in the little house behind the big one. They even said the front door had been moved. They peeked through the kitchen window and said that even though the cabinets had been changed in the past 70 years they still recognized it. I think they were a little sad to see their childhood home in its current dilapidated state. Keep watching for more posts about Beaver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Fascinating and also a little bit sad. I think somewhere there is a picture of that house taken in it's day, you should scan it in and compare. I wish I could buy the house and fix it up.
I'd love to see a picture of what the house looked like when they lived there, just for comparison. There are always so many memories that pop up when you go back in time and visit where you grew up.
Very neat, I'm glad you all went to Beaver together.
Wow, that is really neat that you and Emily got to do that. I love my grandmother and her sisters. They have such great memories! I miss all of you so much! -Your Niece, Valerie
That is really neat to see, it looks cute, I'm sure it was real nice when they lived there.
Post a Comment