Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beaver Cemetary




Here is the lovely Beaver Cemetary. Notice the big B on the mountain in the background. Also, in the picture is Bruce's BMW and my mom with flowers for the headstones of our ancestors.
Pleasant Childers Anderson is my Great Great Grandfather. He was in the Civil War but the headstone doesn't mention that he deserted. Who could blame him. Leticia was his daughter so Leticia and Andrew Gade Anderson were my Great Grandparents on my mom's side.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That's Mississippi Infantry on Pleasant's headstone.

Paige said...

Yeah, I guess they wouldn't notate that he deserted on the headstone. I think it is really cool that you got to go and see the cemetary though.

emily said...

I really like these family history posts. I wish I could have seen this stuff too. One of my goals this year was to fill out that pretty family tree I have, this will help.

Amber said...

I have never heard of the name "Pleasant"...very interesting.
Sometime I want to do some type of family tree thing too, another thing to add to my list of things to do.