Monday, April 5, 2010

First Gigantic Mistake with Kitchen Remodel


The big mistake was not taking everything out of ALL of my cupboards and/or sealing them closed with painters tape. Now everything will have to be taken out and washed. The dust from the workers pounding out the tile with sledge hammers was unbelievable not to mention the noise. I had to leave the house. Needless to say the tile did not just pop off. When done there was a 2" gap between the subfloor and the surrounding wood floor.

Now EVERYTHING has a not so thin layer of pink dust on it. If you enlarge this photo you can see it on the glass and the edges of the blades. I should have tied sheets them. I took before pictures and will post the afters in about 3 weeks!


4 comments:

Nancy said...

For some reason the blog wouldn't let me write this after the first picture: "Ugly, old, chipped saltillo tile has to come out." I did take everything out of all the drawers under the countertops because I knew they were coming off. And we had the doorways all taped up with big sheets of plastic. BUT it wasnt' enough to say the least!

Paige said...

I can't wait to see the after shots!

Amber said...

Oh my. Sounds like the worst of it is over. What did the dogs think? What will the new flooring be? Glad you took before photos.

emily said...

Oh wow. I think pink dust has to be even worse than white dust. Looks like quite a mess. But I can't wait to see it after!