Thursday, September 18, 2008

UPDATE ON SCOTT AND PAIGE

Here is an update about Scott and Paige since they can't really post much without electricity. They both returned to their home yesterday and found that no water had penetrated the house. They lost more of their fence than they were led to believe and the tree in the front yard took quite a thrashing insomuch that Scott thinks it will get the chain saw. They had gas and water yesterday but still no electricity in spite of promises.

About 17% of students in one of Scott's classes (of about 100 kids or so) said they still didn't have power when polled by their teacher. The main damage in their neighborhood is tree limbs which are piled high on each side of the street waiting to be collected by the city or FEMA. Lots of billboards have their ads hanging off. Paige said Walmart's freezer section was empty.

Scott said the biggest inconvenience of being w/o power is no A/C, not being able to charge their phones and computers, and no frig. The weather hasn't been too horribly hot so they are surviving sleeping with just the windows open. So let's all pray their power comes on tomorrow. Hang in there Scott and Paige!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can't imagine being without power for that long.
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how extensive the damage would be. Keep us posted.

emily said...

No a/c-sept-Houston? Ugh! Sounds terrible! I hope they survive, thank goodness the weather is cooler I guess. Do they have non-frozen foods? Does make me think about my food storage. I hope it comes back soon. However, sitting in the dark with nothing to do could lead to creativity...