Friday, July 4, 2008

Some more SPUD for Reid C.

Well, this will probably be a short note, as I don't have too much time, as always. I've decided that missionary work is very much a routine, and yet you always have to be ready for anything. Nothing wrong with routines, though. I guess the other thing to watch out for, is getting too complacent with the routine and not relying enough on the Lord. That, in a nutshell, is what missionary life feels like. It's fun, though. Not at all a bad way to spend your day. Well, I've realized that this transfer we have had to do a lot of "rebuilding" as far as investigators go. Last transfer [a six-week period, I think] they had like 5 baptisms, and our pool was somewhat empty after that (except for the ever present "eternal investigators"). We are now halfway through the transfer, and we have started to drop the baptism commitment hammer on people. Most of the time they get uncomfortable and say they aren't ready, but they'll come around eventually. I don't get how a person can know that the Gospel is true, and not be ready for baptism. Maybe they think that we hold 'em under the water for a while. Anyways, it feels great to try to devote every moment to the Lord, and the blessings for this service are many. I know that this is the Lord's Church. I love and miss you both. I hope all is well and that the doggies are OK. Pass my love onto the rest of the fam. Thanks for the letters and the prayers!
Love,
Elder Kyle Harris

6 comments:

emily said...

When did you get this one? Sounds like he's hanging in there. I really can't picture Kyle dropping a hammer on anyone though.

Nancy said...

He used to drop the Capoeira hammer on lots of people. This letter was written June 13th.

Reid said...

Hizzah! Ask and ye shall receive!

Scott said...

He also used to drop/throw the sledge type hammer. Then it broke. No more hammer.

Scott said...

Mom, now i am going to comment on everything.

Nancy said...

That's more like it! THanks!