Saturday, July 10, 2010

FINALLY-Before and After Kitchen Remodel Pics!!

AFTER:
(don't ask me why I decided to start with the afters. Too much trouble to change it)
I LOVE my deep, big single bowl sink. Plenty of room to wash any pot! I also love the fact that it's an undermount. Love the tall faucet, too, though the handle had to be angled to fit. The hot/cold/on/off toggling is still kind of awkward, though.


I absolutely LOVE the faux finish on the walls now!!!
I should have taken a picture of the telescoping downdraft gizmo at the back of the flat cooktop. It's already been repaired once! I still like it even though it isn't as effective as an overhead exhaust fan but I didn't have much choice.
The pic above is supposed to be a close-up of the glazing technique. Compare to the plain paint below. The painter just added a brown glaze to my "pre-school" yellow paint already on the wall. This can be done if the existing paint is not flat.
BELOW:


This floor was hideous. Compare it to the tile in the first picture.
The weirdest thing about the previous kitchen was the lack of a backsplash behind the sink.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

I tried to erase one of the pics that is kind of a duplicate and accidently erased a close up of the sink area. I don't know how to get it back in there without a mess.

Amber said...

I love it! Wow, it makes such a difference to change the flooring. I still haven't seen your house in person. Love that backsplash too.

emily said...

Well, finally! It does look great! I love the walls! It really adds dimension. I'll have to see it in person...

Debbie said...

Looks Awesome!!! Bet you are glad the project is finished! Enjoy!!!

Mumbo said...

I sure wish I could see your kitchen IN PERSON!!! Looks beautiful!

Venus Lam said...

For deep, big single bowl sink, I love too, cause more user friendly.

Paige said...

Looks great! I definitly like the faux finish on the walls.

Tori said...

Your new Kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

OH my GOSH.
I want a corgi so bad!
do you breed?