Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nature's Little Oddities

You've heard of crop circles, well this is an amazing "mushroom circle" that appeared in our neighbors lawn due to all the rain we've had. It was absolutely a perfectly round circle! Other lawns have had long lines of about 2 dozen mushrooms in a row. I've never seen anything like it.
Kind of creepy, really.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Now you just have to figure out what it's telling you.

emily said...

haha! I like Paige's comment. Have you figured out the message?
Very strange indeed. Mushrooms creep me out to begin with, so when they start doing things on their own...

Jennifer said...

Hi I'm Emily's friend.
So a fairy circle is supposed to be a perfect circle of violets perhaps a perfect circle of mushrooms is a goblin circle? Either way I think it's creepy too.

Amber said...

Very mysterious. Never seen something like that but it seems a bit eerie..especially so close to Halloween. Glad that's not in my neighbors yard..maybe your yard is next;)

Nancy said...

Jim found out from the internet that it is one organism. It starts out as a small underground fungi which then grows outward in a bigger and bigger circle. The mushrooms pop up only at the edges.

Nancy said...

I guess that's "fungus", singular.

emily said...

That's still weird. but interesting...