Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some Hawaii Pictures

You know you're in Hawaii when this is the scene at the Budget Rental place. These fowl are everywhere, especially on the island of Kauai. In 1992 Hurricane Iniki set a bunch of them "free" and they have been thriving on their own every since, I think because they have learned how to not get run over.
Valley on Kauai where taro is growing in the "water" fields
Darling LDS chapel where we went to church. Probably built in the 60's or earlier.
Old lighthouse on Kauai
Is this Hawaii? Yes. Dad looking over the "Grand Canyon of Hawaii" on Kauai. I try to sneak a picture of Dad when he doesn't suspect or he won't let me ever get one.
Me not far from our condo on the northern part of Kauai. Sun setting in background.
A poor shot of the inside of our condo but I wanted to show how we could see the ocean from 2 sides of the living room.!
View as part of the Botanical Gardens on the big island. More on the gardens in another post.
Uh-oh. Dad's at his favorite drive-in in all the world. Scott and Kyle will remember Blanes! Can you say spam?
Just a picture of me at Akaka Falls
At the Botanical Gardens
If one is good why not 2.
Sunrise on Kauai from our deck.
Those crazy banyan trees. Use the truck at left to gauge size.

A final shot of a fine looking fellow.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like it was fun...I'm all for going to Hawaii sometime!

emily said...

those are amazing pictures. I can't believe how close to the ocean you were! of course the chickens fascinate me. that rooster is very shiny. i love that Dad is wearing his hawaiian clothes. Maddie really wants to go there herself...
Tyler enjoyed some spam on your behalf.