Thursday, November 5, 2009

Incredible Sadness


This morning I was awakened to learn that the husband of one of my best friends died last night in a motorcycle accident. Mark Forsyth was on his way home from a church meeting probably in conjunction with his calling as Branch President of the singles ward in their Pennsylvania Stake. He was a great father and a terrific husband. It is hard to believe that this was his time to go (their youngest, Ian, is only 16) but I have faith, as I'm sure Liz does, that it is all in the Lord's hands. Things will always work out when we live by faith. Our hearts go out to Liz and all her family at this very sad time. Thankfully they were married in the temple (not positive it was Oakland) and their family is sealed together for all eternity. Liz is very close to the Spirit and I know that she will feel the Savior's arms around her, giving her strength during the trying times ahead.

4 comments:

emily said...

Very sad. And shocking. But what a comfort the Gospel brings at times like this.

Barlow Fam said...

It just reminds us that we never know what the next step in our plan is. I too am so thankful for the knowledge we have of Eternal Families.

Amber said...

That is so sudden and so sad. My thoughts are with the family. I can't even imagine their pain.

Paige said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll definitly keep them in our thoughts and prayers.